In the spirit of taking stock and giving thanks and other holiday pursuits, I'd like to offer my list of ways in which Story Games has improved my life as someone who loves role-playing games:
This past year, thanks to the fine people at Story Games ...
* I learned about several cool RPGs (Lady Blackbird, Nine Worlds, Montsegur, Gangakok)
* I went to Ice Station Nerdly, during which I played fun games with cool people.
* I played a great online game of Diplomacy with other board members and Diplomacy enthiusiasts.
* I played in a multi-session Mountain Witch game with Tim Kleinert (but didn't get to finish)
* I met people in DC who like the kinds of games my regular gaming group doesn't always like.
And, of course, I spent many, many hours reading forum threads when I should have been working, during which time I was often entertained (occasionally - it must be admitted - by conflict), and frequently enlightened.
So thanks to Andy and everyone else who posts here, and have a safe and super-awesome holiday week.