Judd's Good Sentences

edited August 2006 in Play Advice
Per your request, Judd, I can send you a copy of my notes on your Good Sentences segment of Sons of Kryos. (Enough subordinate clauses there?) Whisper me with your email or I can just post them here. Let me know.

Oh, and everyone else can reply to tell you how much they'd like to see a book of your Good Sentences. :)

Comments

• Post them here! For the good of all mankind!

-Rob D.
  • Sentence #1: Are there any scenes anybody wants to see?
    Variations:
    These are the things suggested for next week.
    These are the things I'd like to see.

Sentence #2: (introduce new players to one another, shake hands, etc.) If you want a scene with another player, players must negotiate with each other out of character.
    Variations:
    Check with other players about stepping on their toes or stealing their thunder before you do something that might.

Sentence #3: This just isn't working out; I think we need to find you a different group to play with.
    Variations:
    You're a good player, but our play style just doesn't seem to mesh with yours.
    I don't think you're having as much fun as you could be.
    I like you as a person, but I think that this game just might not be for you.

Sentence #4: This is what the game is about. (Premise)
    Variations:
    Narrow things down (so players have options rather than a blank page).
    Discuss inspirations for your game.

Sentence #5: I am uncomfortable.
    Variations:
    Is there anything we want to take off the table?

That's all I've got, based on my notes.
  • Thanks, Matt, this is neat to see all in one place.
  • I've got, like, this big urge to see each sentence as a chapter, with an attached essay, and with that essay getting commented on, Push-style, in the margins.

Oh, did I mention I'd buy the hell out of it?
  • Jeff and I are talkin' about just that, with his comments in the margins.
  • There's also, "I don't feel like gaming tonight."