This thread splits off development concepts and discussions from the main collective design thread for Roadsigns & Ley Lines
. (Andy, feel free to move this to Praxis! if you think it fits better there.)
Here are the outstanding DEV notes:
* Is a card-based system viable for a PDF game?
* Is this
Rummy-esque card-based system evocative of genre/setting/tone?
* Is the cost and effort to design and layout a special card deck worth it?
* Does the card-based resolution violate the "the system should be dead simple" precept?
* Should alternate mechanics for dice and diceless resolution be included?
* Regarding the Ley Trumps, should "the Silk Road" Trump be discarded in favor of purely American streets and roads, or should more famous international routes be included?
If we can get a workable game assembled (rules, art, playtest, revision), I'm willing to publish it. There are several business questions involved with that, though. . . and for a later time.