[Diaspora] Pocket Clusters iPhone/iPad Tool Now Available!

edited October 2010 in Story Games
After a couple of months' development and a lot of fiddling, it's finally available! Pocket Clusters, a collaborative cluster creation tool for the iPhone and iPad. Sorry this took longer than I was hoping folks, but I decided to add some rather funky features. Players sat around the table can now share their cluster via Bluetooth and WiFi so that everyone with a compatible device can download and view the cluster map. Furthermore, the GM can now 'delegate' certain knots to other players so that they can edit the details on their own device, speeding up the process of creating a cluster no end. The edited data is then shared to everyone else at the table.

There's plenty of other features too, such as customisable colour and display themes, saving and loading clusters, and PDF and image output for your finished cluster maps. I tried to make it as comprehensive as possible.

Also did I mention it's free to download? Here's the link:
Pocket Clusters on the App Store

-Ash

Comments

• Woohoo! Been watching and waiting for this. Looks superb! Well done!
  • Yeah this is extremely cool. Thanks for this, Ash!
  • Names of custom color sets are not properly saved. Seems to save as "Default", no matter what I type for them. So, I now have three "Default" entries.
  • Free? WTF? Awesome, thanks!

Per
  • Posted By: WordmanNames of custom color sets are not properly saved. Seems to save as "Default", no matter what I type for them. So, I now have three "Default" entries.
    I can't seem to replicate this error on my equipment, which is a pain because if I can't replicate it, I can't really work out what's causing it and fix it. What model of device are you using, and what iOS version is it currently running? It shouldn't be a firmware compatibility issue as the app is designed for iOS3.2 and upward, but you never know.

A little tip that can help in the meantime while I try and sort this problem out, you can copy the sqlite file from your device's documents directory to your computer and use any sqlite database tool to edit the contents. That should at least allow you to put names on the colour schemes you already have rather than having to set them up again from scratch.

If anyone else has bug reports, please do let me know. There's a small issue with scrolling that I already know about, but if there are other things that need fixing it's best to know now.

-Ash
  • edited October 2010
    Posted By: DestriarchI can't seem to replicate this error on my equipment
    See if this works:

Create a new color scheme, but leave it's name as "Default".
    Save it.
    You will get an alert saying that you can't use "Default" because it is already in use.
    Change the name.
    Save it.
    Now look at the list of color schemes. Does it show your new name?

I'm doing this on an iPad, updated to latest iOS it can take (3.2.something).
  • Posted By: WordmanPosted By: DestriarchI can't seem to replicate this error on my equipment
    See if this works:
    Well, I followed those steps exactly and it worked just fine. Just to be certain that I wasn't working with a pre-release version I even deleted it and downloaded it fresh from the app store, so my iPad should now contain exactly the same files as yours. This is a mystery...

-Ash