Montsegur 1244: The Expansion

With the help from many fans of Montsegur 1244, Thoughtful Games now proudly presents Montsegur 1244: The Expansion.

Explore friendship relations. See the Cathars through the eyes of an outsider. Encounter true love, endless rain, and a ghost from the past. The expansion will inspire you and your friends to create new stories about the siege of Montsegur and new answers to that final question:

Will you burn for your beliefs?

Available as free download.

Thoughtful Games wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Comments

• How wonderful. I've played this and it's great.
  • Fantastic! Thanks, Frederik.
  • Yes, a wonderful game.
  • I'm convinced the basic game is evergreen, but now it is even more evergreen!
  • This is great! The new characters look really intriguing, especially India.

Looking at the R-map, it seems there are new arrows -- one between Cecile / Faye and one between Bertrand / Raimond. Have new relationships been added to the original characters?
  • edited December 2010
    I think Cecile/Faye was accidentally omitted from the original version of the R-Map.
  • I've played it too. Montsegur is a stunning game.
  • Posted By: johnzoLooking at the R-map, it seems there are new arrows -- one between Cecile / Faye and one between Bertrand / Raimond. Have new relationships been added to the original characters?
    These relations are indicated by the original questions on the characters - they are included in the R-map to remind the players that this is a potential relation to bring into the story. The original 12 characters are unchanged.

All the new characters have proven themselves play worthy in playtest. Still, bringing in one or both of the new perfects can be particular interesting as they are younger and potentially in opposition to Bertrand and Cecille, allowing more focus on the Cathar faith.