Would anyone be up for another mini-contest?

edited July 2011 in Story Games
I'm thinking of running another round of my 'Mix and Match' competition. It's a fairly brief one; participants get a selection of elements picked at random from a short but interesting list and have to combine them into a single game concept. No rules, no extended setting, just an elevator pitch such as you might use to advertise a finished game.

So, my questions are:

1) Who would be interested?
2) What should I offer as prizes this time around?

Last time I offered a choice of prizes including a mini-rpg based on the concept written by myself, a piece of art commissioned for use in the game, and my own services as a layout technician (choice of any one). Sadly I don't think the winning game from last year was ever made, which is a damn shame 'cause it was a really great concept, but I'm always ready to try again! It was a whole lot of fun and, because entries are limited to 500 words maximum, it's not a whole lot of work for those involved.

-Ash

Comments

• Sure, I'd be down for it!
  • Sounds fun!
  • I can spring for something as compact as that.
  • Game Chef is coming up in less than a month. I'd definitely consider delaying the timing of this contest until late August, or something like that.

I'm potentially interested!
  • Posted By: McdaldnoGame Chef is coming up in less than a month.
    Is it? I hadn't heard anything about when Game chef would be this year. The website hasn't been updated since last year's contest.
  • Posted By: Mr. TeapotIs it? I hadn't heard anything about when Game chef would be this year. The website hasn't been updated since last year's contest.
    Yeah. Contest to run mid-July. Details to arrive soon. Walton still in charge. End.
  • Posted By: McdaldnoGame Chef is coming up in less than a month. I'd definitely consider delaying the timing of this contest until late August, or something like that.
    Hmm, I didn't think Game Chef was that close... yes, I think that's a good idea. I'll definitely delay the contest, but I'll just as definitely like to run it again sometime later in the year so maybe we could keep this thread running and see what other interested parties crop up?

I'm also still open to ideas for prizes. Given that I have some success with metal casting I might even be able to run to a small medal or commemorative coin in brass or similar, if only I could think what to put on it! Could make it a yearly thing then.

-Ash