I'm working on this sandbox adventurey campaign thing using MADcorp's rules as a base. The general idea is that there's all these situations out there in this world gone weird that the players can choose to insert themselves in, in order to leverage the situations toward personal gain. As part of that system, I want PCs (and the resources available to them) to be able to progress along several tracks: experience, wealth, fame, infamy, and recognizance of deeds by powers that be. Basically it's a pick-you-prize thing, once you've accumulated enough points in an individual category to earn a "Perk."
Experience I've got down. Help me think of Perks for the others.
When you get wealthier, you could:
- Buy some property (house, land, etc.)
- Buy controlling interest in a corporation
- Start a business
When you get famous, you could:
- Get a corporate sponsorship
- Star in a reality show
- Get a movie deal
When you get infamous, you could:
- Have an "in" with (insert shady/criminal group here)
- Have a badass reputation in (insert region here)
When you perform enough deeds, you could:
- Receive a title from a ruler
- Receive an official appointment from a ruler
- Rise through the ranks of a ruler's army or whatever
And maybe there's some combinations. Enough Fame + Deeds and maybe you could campaign for governor of some territory or other and get elected.