Holiday Gaming Special

edited December 2011 in Story Games
I love Christmas specials, and I love gaming. I think most gaming groups tend not to meet too awful close to the holidays; people are busy, shopping, wrapping, traveling. One effect of this is that holiday gaming doesn't happen very often. (Am I wrong? Tell me about it!) I think this is a bummer. I'd love to see more games with a Christmas (or Hannukah/Festivus/Wintermas/Kwanza/whatthefuckever) theme.

Have you ever done any kind of a holiday one shot? Maybe a special holiday edition of your ongoing campaign? Tell us about it!

If not, but you're intrigued, let's brainstorm ideas and discuss how we can slip a little holiday cheer into our dungeons and our horror movies and our investigations into things man was not meant to know.

Comments

• Last year, as part of a charity event at my FLGS, I more or less ran a Doctor Who Christmas special that culminated in William the Conqueror beheading someone. So... maybe not a traditional Christmas special, but it did take place on Christmas Day.
  • We do this almost every year. We've done a Christmas Steal Away Jordan, with Santa as the landowner and Elves as the slaves.
  • There's a Fiasco playset somebody wrote (Holly Jolly) that is set inside a Rankin-Bass cartoon.
  • Mike, that sounds like fun to me! Graham, what's this year's game going to be? Jason, can you hit me with a link? I don't own Fiasco... yet...
  • This year's Xmas game was last night. We played In the Night's Black Garden, a cross over of In the Night Garden with Night's Black Agents.

In the past we've had Steal Away Santa, as Graham mentioned, as well as:
    - My Life with Jesus (with Judas and Mary Magdalene as the PCs),
    - MLw The Queen (Prince Philip, rapping with his homies being the highlight),
    - MLw Santa (in which the elves were Galadriel and Glorfindel), and
    - MLw Tony [Blair] (in which Maggie Thatcher's funeral barge collided with and took out most of the Labour cabinet on a Thames' cruise).
  • Posted By: GB Steve
    - My Life with Jesus (with Judas and Mary Magdalene as the PCs),
    - MLw The Queen (Prince Philip, rapping with his homies being the highlight),
    - MLw Santa (in which the elves were Galadriel and Glorfindel), and
    - MLw Tony [Blair] (in which Maggie Thatcher's funeral barge collided with and took out most of the Labour cabinet on a Thames' cruise).
    You can pretty much feel the Christmas cheer radiating from every single page of My Life with Master.