[Dreamation] "The other day I..."

edited February 2012 in Story Games
I hired a gaggle of efite heralds in training to dress like a dignitary in order to show my disdain for dragons made nobles. I communicated maps and portents to my shipmates while we figured out who was breeding sentient man-eating bugs. Then I had a hand in creating a world where the Catholic church never happened, in it's place was a monolithic wizardly organization drawing life from peasants to keep the chaos of the fae at bay.

Pick a day at this years Dreamation and give a one sentence immersive description of what you did for each game you played.

Comments

• ...found an isolated lagoon to watch a beautiful sunset through an ash-filled sky in the last moments of my life; was defeated at the gates of the terraced native city whose formerly helpless population rose in resistance under the leadership of peasant woman risen to greatness; and spent a lifetime trapped in an alien body researching a ritual to stop the Son of Yog Soggoth but, having learned it, picked the wrong sacrificial victim!
  • The other day I entered into a contract with a medical-supplies manufacturer and their advertising company to endorse their popular line of trauma packs; fought alongside my fellow legionaries against godless native warriors at the foot of their bizarre, terraced mega-city* and failed to break the natives' strength; and survived the Battle of Huế without a scratch, though my brother fell (and later died) from his terrible head wound, but not before he could confess to me that he'd been seeing my wife back home... and they were having a child.

* Mel and I were at the same battle, though his position was a bit more exalted than my own. Legatus.
  • The other day I shot the man in the face because his book had no words; burned down three buildings(mostly on purpose); erected seven giant phalluses out of feces on the floor of a church; denigrated a dying man; strapped myself full of dynamite to embrace my ex-fiancée; learned that appetite suppressants aren't enough to stop the purple thing that crawled up my nose.
  • edited February 2012
    The other day I Once again shouldered the Purple Man's Burden, showing the leadership required to keep my crew of uncivilized reprobates, naive do-gooders, and unrepentant thugs on-mission long enough to recover the stolen blockbuster munitions we delivered to one of the factions of this planet's civil war.

I definitely will need a new waistcoat.
  • First I tried to steal a roc's egg while surveying an alien planet, surviving only because the ship's AI had imprinted my brother's persona and was willing to activate the ship's laser*; then I was commanded to bring down the Temple of Kings by the nefarious Black Hand but was trapped inside along with the sorcerer I tried to sacrifice to gain the Temple's power.**

* My brother Mel's Skulduggery game, set in Jack Vance's Gaean Reach.
    ** Mel's Sorcerer game, set in Minaria, the world from TSR's old Divine Right board game.
  • Posted By: Sam!and survived the Battle of Huế without a scratch, though my brother fell (and later died) from his terrible head wound, but not before he could confess to me that he'd been seeing my wife back home... and they were having a child
    I totally feel like you're leaving out the best part of this: that you were in such strong denial about the truth that you already knew, that if he hadn't passed out from his wounds before spilling the truth, you would have pressed his skull fragments into his brain to silence him. That was intense and awesome and awful.
  • Posted By: Adam DrayThat was intense and awesome and awful.
    Thanks. I aim to please and/or appall!