THE SWORD OF DEATHSWORD
HERE'S WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENING
- Emperor Deathsword VIII, eighteenth emperor of Imperia, rules with an iron fist and a sword of death.
- the Legend Engine provides power to Imperia, but has potential to be the greatest weapon ever and is like draining the world's energy or something.
- the nobles are corrupt and stupid while the working classes are like hungry and repressed and shit.
- there's some dudes who ride on dragons.
- Freedom Rebellion Army is all rebelliony.
HERE'S WHAT JUST HAPPENED
- returning from a camping trip with your childhood friend, Friendo, you find that your beloved peasant village has been burned to the ground.
- only person alive is your father who despite being like mortally wounded manages to talk for a really long time:
There's so much I haven't told you blahblahblah not really your father scroooollll seek your destiny yaddayadda sword yadda fate of the world zzzzzzzz--! money buried in the back yard blahblah (dies)
- some of the scary-looking dudes who killed everyone haven't left yet! They attack!
WHAT DO YOU DO?
WHAT WILL HAPPEN?
Will you be implicated in an ancient prophecy? Will you obtain magic powers somehow? Will a minor villain secretly fall in love with you? Will Friendo die to save your life? Will you figure out how to get the sky pirate to join your party? Can you defeat the optional side boss? Will the cutscenes be skippable? Can you defeat Emperor Deathsword's true form?