I'm really enjoying this thread
about people's top 5 unplayed games of 2012, but what games have you tried out for the first time in 2012 and how did they go?
(in one sentence or less).
Here's mine in no particular order:
1. Apocalypse World - WOW, had to do my own hack
2. Archipelago II - mindblowing, a bit out of our comfort zone but worth it
3. Dungeon World - approx 75% hit rate of awesome
4. World of Dungeons - played several sessions but ultimately decided preferred DW
5. The Regiment - one attempt not great but mitigating circumstances (me!) and will try again
6. The Kingdom (playtest) - interested to play again
7. Ghost/Echo - excellent, can't wait to play again with a different group
8. Traveller World - needs more polish but having fun with it
9. 3:16 fell a bit flat as a one-shot, probably won't bother again
Edit:(I forgot) 10. Cthulhu Dark hmmm, not sure about this but CoC is a big favorite of ours, didn't like the inversion of the SAN death spiral