Dungeon World XP

edited January 2013 in Story Games
I guarantee this is a question that has been asked at this forum and the DW forums many times, but for the life of me I can't find an answer, so my apologies in advance.

In the exciting new Dungeon World rules (loaded up all snazzy on my Kindle, waiting for the hard copy in the mail, starting a new - hopefully ongoing - game next week, woot) the End of Session move says that characters mark XP when they resolve bonds, hit their alignment move and answer any of the three Big Questions. Perfectly clear!

But somewhere else in the text I caught a reference to marking XP when you roll 6 or less. I can't remember where I saw it, and I can't find any corroboration. Was I drunk? Or is that a rule?

Comments

• Nope, you're right. It's there on page 19, where it explains the basic structure of moves. I think it may also be mentioned elsewhere, too.
  • You earn XP during session by rolling 6 or less, and at the end of session by doing that other stuff.

Matt
  • "Level Up," pp. 30-31.
  • You never go out empty handed when making a 2d6 roll. :)
  • Is this a pretty recent addition?

I don't remember seeing it in the playtest/Alpha draft.

From my records, looks like it's been in there since around Beta 2. I remember posting about it on my blog in around April, so not that recent, but still past the Alpha copy I think.
  • I think part of why it gets lost in the shuffle is that it's not on the moves sheet or the character sheets.

From what I understand, the rule was there in an earlier draft, missing (on accident?) in a later draft, and is present in the current rules. (I had trouble finding this as well because of that, etc!)
  • Thanks for the help! I'm sure it will be easier to find when I have a hard copy. Reading text like that on my phone or Kindle is not easy for me, because my brain is old.
  • Putting it on the moves sheet is a really good idea! I'll try to find time to do that.