10 years' sales graphs

edited February 2013 in Make Stuff!
Hi! I just posted 10 years' sales graphs on my blog, here. I'm delighted to answer questions or entertain observations, here or there.

-Vincent

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Pretty. You really like green.
  • What caused the second major bump in AW sales? Dungeon World? Something else?
  • Winning the Lucca Best In Show and marking the price down to celebrate.
  • Wait a second - no. That would be the upswing at 2011Q4. It must be the hacks, yes! (I'm sure that Monsterhearts, Monster of the Week, and Tremulus did their part too, not just Dungeon World.)
  • Sort of surprised to see you go kickstarter. Wanna talk about that?
  • Really? Huh! Why is it a surprise?

-Vincent
  • edited February 2013
    Really? Huh! Why is it a surprise?
    Only "sort of" surprised. Really, I just wanted to hear your take on it. What do you personally think are the major benefits? (I have this secret cache of benefits and I will award myself points based on what you say, so name lots).

• I think the sales numbers would not be much different from the direct support Vincen'ts new game can get on kickstarter, the major difference being money here and now and money in a slow and steady stream. Of course it lowers the amount, with the kickstarter cut and pledge levels like early bird special but not much of a change imo.

I hate to say I only own AW after learning of it through DW and no other game in those graphs grace my virtual iPad shelf yet, but I should remedy that. :)
  • I just figure that I'd love to have Kickstarter's marketing machinery working for me, right? Who wouldn't? I'll be very curious to see whether Nifelhein's right.
  • I meant the 2012 quarter 3 bump, the really big one. That's Dungeon World, yeah? The smaller bumps before that are probably other things.
  • edited February 2013
    I just figure that I'd love to have Kickstarter's marketing machinery working for me, right?
    One point.

• This is really neat to see. Thanks for sharing Vincent!
  • very cool of you to share this info.
  • Nathan: It's true, I do.

Jonathan: You're surely right!

Kira, Matthelps: My pleasure.
  • I think the sales numbers would not be much different from the direct support Vincen'ts new game can get on kickstarter, the major difference being money here and now and money in a slow and steady stream. Of course it lowers the amount, with the kickstarter cut and pledge levels like early bird special but not much of a change imo.

I hate to say I only own AW after learning of it through DW and no other game in those graphs grace my virtual iPad shelf yet, but I should remedy that. :)
    It's an investment though, the loss in direct sales could though increase notoriety for sales down the future. Like you, I only own AW because of DW and it's probably east to guess where I found that.