Progressive PbtA elements

edited July 6 in Make Stuff!
So @Paul_T asked about the rules of my Catacombatan campaign. I borrowed them mainly from The Veil and City of Mask.

So the stats in The Veil works like this:
They are actually emotional states. If you use one, you fill a bubble next to it.
"When a PC marks the fifth bubble in an emotion all of the modifiers change and the state that the fifth bubble was marked in becomes +1 and all others are temporarily locked in at -2. In addition, the player chooses one of the following when another move is triggered:
(A) To keep using the spiked out emotion, in which case the emotion spike in that state decreases by 1. When all emotion spikes have been removed, all state modifiers go back to normal.
(B) To use a different state at a -2. If they do so they may erase all emotion spikes in the spiked out state. They must still mark an emotion state in the state they just rolled.
The only thing is changed is that The Veil uses states from a therapeutic method (Mad, Sad, Scared, Peaceful, Joyful, Powerful) and I decided to use Ekman's universal face expressions (Anger, Fear, Happiness, Sadness, Disgust, Suprise) instead.

In City of Mist PCs always consists of 4 themes.
A theme could be a Logos or a Mythos. Every Mythos has a mystery which you tries to solve, and every Logos an identity which you try to enact. They can improve and fall apart, and if all your themes become Logos you become a dull everyday person, and if all your themes become Mythos you sort of transcend. Also, they have tags similar to Lady Blackbird.

So at the mechanics level Themes work like 'traits' with 'tags', but overall they are like 'keyes'. The ebb and flow of themes create a nice story arc IMHO.

I dropped the tag level but I use the two kind of themes because my campaign is centered around the dramatic tentpoles of spirituality and mundane life. Most of the population only have 'identities' which are about who they think they are, but some of the peoples, especially PCs also have 'spiritualities' which imply something more then themselves. So identities are typical roleplaying tropes (character backgrounds, classes, lifestyles, ranks, anything a PC might identify with), but a spirituality in this setting could only be an aspect ('face') of death which your character cultivates. By identities you try to live up to a 'motto' or 'ideal', and by spiritualities you are searching answers to your 'dilemmas' or 'mysteries'. The campaign is about slowly loosing all of our identities and becoming a living legend.

Do you have any cool PbtA mechanics which cries to be used somewhere else?
Let's share and collect them!