[Kickstarter] Worlds Without Harmony

Hey folks, it's been a while! I'm sad to see the forums finally winding down, but I thought I'd jump in and let you all know about the game I've been working on for a year and a half and just put up on Kickstarter, Worlds Without Harmony.

Worlds Without Harmony is a GMless game, for 3-5 players, about ideological conflict, unanswerable questions, and the people caught up in them. Each game explores a Tension (three of which come with the game: Natural and Industrial, Liberty and Order, and Survival and Decency), a pair of Poles that strain against each other to create a question with no universal right answer. After creating the Factions involved in the conflict (and their conflicts with each other) using thread and index cards, the players play Scenes starring their Liminals, people caught between beliefs, trying to figure out what they believe and where they belong.

It's a very distant hack of Swords Without Master, but is really its own fascinating beast that facilitates really interesting and complex conversations through a fictional lens, and leave behind an evocative physical artifact that acts as a guide to the story you played through.

Hope some of you'll be interested. I know I haven't been on Story Games in a long time, but I still love the place, and will miss it.

Comments

• That’s quite an intriguing pitch! Thanks for posting.