New Games Aug' 19

Sadly, likely the last thread of this kind :/

I present to you the new Crowdfunding Collection no. 114, including every tabletop rpg project started between 07/14 and 08/04.

While this collection is done on its supposed weekly schedule, the next one might get delayed a week or two, because of convention season. With that being said, let’s get started.
While the nuclear post-apocalyptic setting of HOPE RPG isn’t new, I am intruiged by the base building aspect and exploration system. Who along with being affordable did convince me to back the project. I did took a bit longer deciding to back Resist & Remember: Weimar. The topic and time period (1930 till ~1935) is more weighty and it needs to be done well, in a sensible fashion and in good taste. The presentation did in the end convince me and I strongly recommend having a look. The second edition of Fiasco: The Cinematic Game of Plans Gone Wrong on the other hand is quite an easy recommendation. The story game by Bullpit Games charmed me in it’s first edition and I am convinced the second edition will be just as good if not better. Plus, the box set is really nice. Thus, give it a chance. If you are maybe more into Fate or transform your gaming experience with changing robots, take a look at COMMANDROIDS: A WORLD TRANSFORMED.
You’ll find a quite some fantasy role-playing games as well. For example the Great Sword Tabletop RPG, which looks great and promises a quite tactical, yet still streamlined, system with a more traditional looking setting. Pathos: War of Gods does look cool as well, yet focuses on the question whether to serve the gods or see them toppled like the chars are Kratos. With leaning towards the toppled side of things. If you like the Redwall novels or playing furry adventures, you should check out Paws & Claws, which offers you a quickstarter to make your mind up. Otherworlds does offer a view into their rules and character creation as well, while offering more of a seemingly Anime inspired setting.
I sorted Rage-o-Meter among the hybrid games, as it does quite look like a mixture of card- or boardgame with rpg-elements. On the other hand Words without Harmony mostly ended up there, because it seems more firmly rooted in storytelling games. I think both deserve consideration.
There are other cool projects, like the Patreon for POCGamer who is creating supplementary stuff, the Naughty Dice Jail for your misrolling dice, projects like Dragon’s Breath and ‚Spirit Of‘ Atlantis where you can get potential inmates or stuff like the Role Playing Games Television or rather webseries.
Next to many cool projects, that you can check out here:

English Crowdfundings

4 Role-Playing Games
4 Fantasy Role-Playing Games
2 Hybrid Role-Playing Games
1 Patreon
2 Sourcebooks
1 Adventure
6 D&D 5E Adventures
5 Dice Projects
5 Accessoires
2 Enamel Pins
1 Playingcards
1 Webserie
3 Various RPG Projects

Spanish Crowdfundings

1 Role-Playing Game

Italian Crowdfundings

1 Role-Playing Game

Swedish Crowdfundings

2 Role-Playing Games

Article: https://teylen.blog/2019/08/05/crowdfunding-collection-114/

Comments

• Thank you for keeping this up for so long! You might consider continuing over at Fictioneers. Cheers, in any case!
  • It's https://fictioneers.net/ ?
    I am trying to make an account over there, yet so far I failed.
  • That's it!

The forum is here:

https://fictioneers.net/forum

And lots of Story Games are already there, chatting and talking.

The Gauntlet might also welcome your efforts. There are lots of people there specifically interested in the particular games you're cataloguing, which is a great fit (and likely many of the creators!). However, they also have pretty strict moderation, so I can imagine them asking you to post in some particular or specific way, perhaps, which could be a minus.
  • I did register and already started chatting on the Gauntlet, yet I am failing to do so on Fictoneers. I did enter my nickname and my mails, but I don't get an activation link or password
  • edited August 7
    @AsIf! See above.

@Teylen, that probably just means it went in your spam folder or something similar. Look there first!
  • I literally don't have a spam folder ^^;
    Especially not in my webinterface (it has an automated one, but it's empty).
    Plus, I tried my normal mail address and my google one.
  • Thanks for all the collecting you do! You're a great help in separating me from my money pointing me to awesome Kickstarters! I'll going to continue following your blog.
  • edited August 13
    @AsIf and @Teylen

Did you ever get this sorted out? I hope so!
  • Sadly it didn't. I haven't received a mail yet, with whom I can log in :neutral: