I want these games, right now...

edited February 2007 in Story Games
...a finished version of Scarlet Wake, a finished version of Ends and Means (in a nice pocket-sized format, of course), and a print version of the Dresden Files RPG.

What unfinished games or game ideas do you want in your hot, grubby, litlle hands right now?

Comments

• In A Wicked Age, packaged with the Cheap and Cheesy Fantasy Game in the back!

Also, my own games. Seriously, get me a print copy of The Face of Angels already, please.
  • Exile.
    Cthulhutech.
    The GM supplement for the Dune RPG.
    Perhaps Retrofuture?
    Rebma.
    The GURPS-powered Girl Genius game.
    Frostholm - I'd at least like to see what it's like. Justin Achilli is one of my personal heroes.
    Oh, and Narcissist, BIG time. Been waiting for that one so long...

Probably half a dozen others as well, but these are the big ones I can remember.
  • Narcissist, as mentioned above.
    Stranger Things, but I will totally wait patiently and not complain: Every delay means that it's just being thought about, rolled around, and being tied up that much tighter.
    The generic version of HeroQuest (QuestWorlds?)

In a Wicked Age, too. It was one of the finer game experiences I had last year, and we were playing with crappy half-rules as well. This game (as mentioned by someone else) scratches a few roleplaying itches that I have.

Other than that, Insert Your Finished Project Here. I want to see it, really. I love seeing products of unalienated labor of friends and aquaintences, be it music, art, or game books.

-Andy
  • edited February 2007
    - Narcissist, definitely. I own the v0.5 and it's almost sorta-kinda playable.
    - Scarlet Wake, no question.
    - Something, anything by Shreyas Sampat. I'd even take Snow From Korea.
    - Stranger Things, but John Harper earned some karma with Agon, so I'll be patient.
    - That Jason Morningstar game about copier repairmen.
    - Sweet Agatha
    - Face of Angels, indeed.
    - Sign in Stranger, yes.
    - The final version of Crime and Punishment
    - Society of Flowers for Nobilis (been waiting since 2002)
    - I'm kinda ashamed to admit it, but... Manual of Exalted Power: The Lunars

But whatever, I have plenty of games to play in the meantime. Still...4-5 games on my shelf I haven't played? I've been working through a bunch of them lately.

EDIT: Yay with all the Narcissist love! We're all crazy anarchist time-travelers on the inside.
  • ndpndp
    edited February 2007
    Dude, Scarlet Wake. Yes.

Good thing that it's about 95% playable as is.

My List:

Stranger Things
    Snow From Korea
    Sweet Agatha
    Grey Ranks
    Silence Will Keep Me A Victim
    Crossing Steal Away Jordan (my brain is dumb)
    1st Quest
    Robots and Rapiers. What the hell, Ralph? Come on!

...thats it off the top of my head...
  • edited February 2007
    An RPG about fantasy (or fantastical) India, with heavy contributions by Neel Krishnaswami, with commentary and occassional illustration by Shreyas Sampat. That's a dream game, though, and I'll have to wait long for it. I have a feeling that GURPS India, in planning since at least 1997, will not hit the shelves anytime soon, nor will it scratch itches that I have.

Additional Thread Rule: Feel free to ask "What is X?" on any game above that you do not know about, and want someone to brief you on. There's some up there that I don't know either (but I've got to go to bed now, will ask tomorrow).

-Andy

Edit: Screw it.

What is Ends and Means?

What is Rebma? (an AMBER supplement, I presume?)

What is Frostholm?

What is Sweet Agatha?

What is Silence Will Keep Me A Victim?

What is Crossing Jordan? (I'm assuming NOT the TV show RPG?)
  • Sweet Agatha is Kevin Allen Jr.'s game that may or may not involve destroying the game materials in order to play. It's a physical artifact thingee sorta like Keith's untitled. Nathan can probably tell you more than I can.
  • Oh dang, Sweet Agatha. Yes. In a Wicked Age, probably. A business-card-sized cheat sheet for Kazekami Kyoko Kills Kublai Khan so I can remember how to play it.

• Not so serious: the print version of Unorthodox Modern Goths - http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=21056&src=XXX.

Seriously, though:
    -Tenra Bansho
    -Bliss Stage
    -Notes (a project I'm working on)
  • Scarlet Wake
    Bliss Stage
    Grey Ranks
    Stranger Things
    3:16
    Serial
    Sign in Stranger
    any of my games that i can actually finish - give them to me now and save me the trouble!

Ok, so what are: Afraid, Snow from Korea, Frostholm?
  • Afraid is Vincent Baker's horror game, based on the mechanics from Dogs in the Vineyard. Not only is it an amazing-looking game in its own right (I haven't managed to play it yet, but the use of fallout to set a character's circumstances for the following scene blew me away), but it also fixes a couple of small things that bugged me about DitV in a way that can be retrofitted (e.g. characters joining a conflict in progress).
  • In a Wicked Age, and precious little else at the moment.

Ben Lehman's Maps/As it Happens project has me intrigued though.
  • Narcissist. Wow. I figured that had gone the way of the Dodo. Yes please, put me on the list for Narcissist Now!

Other than that, my own completed game. I don't care which one. ;)
  • edited February 2007
    Ends and Means is Adam Cerling's LARP. It's all conflict resolution and director stance. It's good.

Silence Keeps Me A Victim is Clyde Rhoer's RPG about abusers and victims.

Graham
  • I'm so excited about my own game I'm peeing my pants right now.

I'll echo the strident calls for In A Wicked Age, which is really good.

How We Came To Live Here is going to be shit-hot. That'd be Brennan Taylor's game of Anasazi gender warfare.

Inuma, Clinton's hippie treasure-box.

Still waiting for a draft of Steal Away Jordan, although I am reliably told it is the coolest thing ever.
  • Posted By: Colin_FredericksCthulhutech.
    Perhaps Retrofuture?
    Rebma.
    I got the older GURPS Cthulhupunk myself, so what is the Cthulthutech and the others I left in that quote
  • Ok, so what are: Afraid, Snow from Korea

Snow is my tragedy of a fantastical Japan, where a princess from Korea's seductive, unnatural presence pulls apart the social structures that make a court work.

• edited February 2007
    Cthulutech is a game set in a future where earth is invaded my Migo and the humans use a combination of mecha and summoned/genetically engineered Cthuloid thingies to fight back. It sounds very interesting despite the fact that it's being published by Mongoose. I hear it uses a similar system to and is somehow related to Weapons of the Gods.

Apparently some part of it involves mecha which are created Neon Genesis Evangelion style from Cthuloid DNA. That alone sounds pretty neat.
  • Oooh. These are fun.

In a Wicked Age.
    Afraid. I want to be Afraid.
    Stranger Things, 'cause the glimpses we got (what, like a year ago now?) were awesome.
    Polarpunk. Because it sounds like fun.
    Verge and Towerlands both.
    Snow from Korea, yes, but more importantly
    Hero Game. Seriously, Shreyas.
    Tenra Bansho Zero.
    First Quest, anybody?
    And, of course, Afterworld, even though I'm a lazy bastard.

Probably a few more, but these are the ones that spring to mind.
  • Thanks Rich, time to wander over to their site and check it out.
  • apocalypse girl
  • Misery Bubblegum
    Bliss Stage
    Stranger Things
    Afraid
    The Compleat Sorcerer (Revised, annotated, all-in-one-cover Sorcerer + Soul + Sword + Sex + Collection of "greatest hits" example one-sheets)
  • Oh, and Verge. Definitly, definitly Verge.

Oh, and Jeff's Giants game (there's audio about it from Dreamation at the Sons of Kryos site).
  • Verge, YES! That one had slipped my mind.

And Cthulhutech is only imprinted by Mongoose - it's been made by EOS, who did Weapons of the Gods.
  • Colin:

Perhaps Retrofuture?

I have to second Tad. What's Retrofuture? Or is the "Perhaps" part of the title?

I have a pet peeve about too many dice, but I'm a little intrigued by Afraid, too. And, of course, Left Coast.

• Posted By: andrew_kenrickAnd Cthulhutech is only imprinted by Mongoose - it's been made by EOS, who did Weapons of the Gods.
    Yeah, but it means giving money to Mongoose, and having evidence of that in my house ;^P
  • Those of you who said Bliss Stage -- you won't have to wait much longer.

Verge. I want Verge.

yrs--
    --Ben
  • Afraid & Stranger Things are the two I'm most interested in.
  • Steal Away Jordan will be happening by GenCon. It's being written despite the occasional crisis of faith. I have absolute faith in Julia's ability to make a stunning and challenging game.

In a Wicked Age will, of course, be great...

Hey, I'm the only person in our crowd coming to Gen Con without a new game! I'd better get Absinthe or The Grim Game into a playable state or I'll look stupid!

• Misery Bubblegum -- Tony's been posting such interesting things about it.
    Stranger Things -- I want to be able to play TrollBabe and I can't get anyone to see past the chicks-with-horns thing.
    Exalted: the Lunars, 2nd Edition (for inspiration, not to play)
    Society of Flowers (for Nobilis)
    Sorcerer for Dummies -- the edition that will help me understand how to play it. This one is a long shot.
  • edited February 2007
    Posted By: Joshua A.C. NewmanHey, I'm the only person in our crowd coming to Gen Con without a new game!
    No you're not. Misery Bubblegum won't be ready for GenCon '07. No way, no how. Even once the system is done, it's going to take at least a year to draw the manga.
  • IIRC (and this is from a long while back), Retrofutur (no e) is a french dystopian rpg set in the "twisted 50s." It's been out a good long while in french and there have long been rumours about an english translation. Is this the same one?
  • Galactic.
    Story Games Names Project.
    Heads of State.
    Committee for the Exploration of Mysteries.
  • Vincents Ars Magica knockoff
    http://www.lumpley.com/comment.php?entry=86&show=yes#first

And I'll add my vote for "Face of Angels"
  • Face of Angels. Yes.

MB won't be ready! I'm shocked!

• agora
    coversia
    george's children
    grey ranks
    photocopy repairmen
    repetoire
    shadows in the fog
    sons of liberty

I'm pleasantly surprised that I don't know much about many of the favs listed in this thread, since it means I'll get to be pleasantly surprised when they are released.
  • edited February 2007
    Posted By: Joshua A.C. NewmanMB won't be ready! I'm shocked!
    Totally not. I'm doing all the stuff that I should have done on Capes, and that includes extensive third-party playtesting of the exact rules wording. So ... y'know ... you may well see sets of rules well before GenCon, but there will not be a finalized, saleable copy by that time. I'm pretty much aiming for GenCon '08.
  • edited February 2007
    1. Vincent's In a Wicked Age
    2. Vincent's Afraid
    3. Vincent's Ars Magica game

Vincent: when can we get our hands on these?! <:)

Is <i>The "Compleat" (sic) Sorcerer a real thing?? I got the feeling Ron had moved on from Sorcerer to new projects.
  • I think it's a hypothetical thing. (And as an aside, can we not use affected misspellings like compleat? We are all literate here and that's not how you spell that word.)

• Posted By: shreyas(And as an aside, can we not use affected misspellings like compleat? We are all literate here and that's not how you spell that word.)
    Rawr! Hiss! Hiss!
  • Ahhh.... Shreyas, the usage is correct. It's an archaic, meaning "accomplished, masterful", revived by Izaak Walton. It's since drifted into use as an alternate spelling for "complete", but retains the original connotation. I wanted to retain the sense of both uses, as the hypothetical volume would be both "complete" - compiling all the Sorcerer material in one cover - and have as its subject the "compleat" (containing all possibilities, accomplished, masterful) sorcerer.

Let's not play pedant games.
  • edited February 2007
    (snarky comment, deleted)
  • Afraid - A horror game I might actually enjoy running, and my friends might enjoy playing
    Vincent's Ars Magica Knock-off - I just read this today, and I already want to sit down with my friends and create a Sanctuary
    Galactic - Because I love Firefly and BSG, and hate the systems used to play them
    Medical Hospital - A game my non-gamer wife (she was a nurse in Japan) might actually play with me
    Grey Ranks - I don't usually like "historical" RPGs, but this one has really grabbed me for some reason

Now that I think about it, all of these are addressing various genre itches I can't seem to scratch right now.
  • Posted By: TonyLBPosted By: Joshua A.C. NewmanHey, I'm the only person in our crowd coming to Gen Con without a new game!
    No you're not.Misery Bubblegumwon't be ready for GenCon '07. No way, no how. Even once the system is done, it's going to take at least a year to draw the manga.

How We Came to Live Here ain't gonna be ready, either.
  • How We Came to Live Here ain't gonna be ready, either.

),:

• andrew:

IIRC (and this is from a long while back), Retrofutur (no e) is a french dystopian rpg set in the "twisted 50s." It's been out a good long while in french and there have long been rumours about an english translation. Is this the same one?

If that's the case, then I plan on deliberately confusing things by using "retron" in the title of my upcoming space patrol game.

I haven't decided exactly what the title will be yet, though. I thought about "retrorocket patrol" or something like that, but it's awefully close to a couple other titles. Maybe I'll go with "Retrostellar".

• My list:
    Grey Ranks
    Snow from Korea
    Misery Bubblegum
    Sign in Stranger
  • Yay! Lists!

Stranger Things -- Hell yeah! I want my own game, badly.
    Galactic -- I've played it several times now and it is teh super rad. I want to hold the book.
    Mathematica -- Tony Dowler's amazing game of a war of ideas and the people in it. One of my most fun play experiences of the past year.
    1st Quest -- I seriously need this game.
    Grey Ranks -- Sweet jebus yes.
    Sign in Stranger -- The little teases are killing me! This game looks so good.
    Tenra Bansho Zero -- Because AndyK is my hero.
    In a Wicked Age and Afraid.
    Classroom Deathmatch -- !!!
    The Dresden Files RPG -- Because Fred Hicks makes games exactly the way I like.
    44 -- Because of the face-rocking.
    Beast Hunters -- Salute in!

Hopeful for Maybe Someday:

Anything from Shreyas.
    Anything from Jonathan.
    Pinnacle Empty Quiver
    How We Came to Live Here
    Medical Hospital
    War Stories
    Pixels
    Giants
    Danger Patrol -- Yeah. Someday I'll get around to it. Sniff.

I know I forgot some.
  • Dammit I missed out Pinnacle Empty Quiver. Also, Reign, which is so close I can almost smell the huge pool of dice rolling.