EndGame's Dundracon 2007 Sales (revised)

edited February 2007 in Story Games
**Edit** Please note, I revised this list at 11:00am 2/20 to reflect some errors in the original report. Sorry about that.

In my effort to stay in contact with all the publishers, here is a list of what was sold at DDC 2007. I was unable to attend myself (my back is just getting too bad to stand in the booth that long), so I sent my Minions...I mean my business partners out there to handle the standing.

I was a little blown away. We sold out of Dogs by 10.30 am the second day, and Spirit of the Century by noon the second day. I am hoping someone who attended will jump in and talk about actual play presence.

Hope it helps:

1 x Capes
10 x Dogs in the Vineyard
13 x Spirit of the Century
1 x Drowning and Falling
2 x Don't rest your head
1 x Hero's Banner
3 x Intergalactic Cooking challenge
1 x Lacuna
2 x Mechaton
2 x Mortal Coil
4 x polaris
2 x Push
1 x PTA 2e
1 x shock
1 x Roach
1 x Universalis
1 x contenders
2 x my life with master
2 x princes kingdom
3 x Burning Empire
2 x Burning wheel

Comments

• No Burning Wheel or Burning Empires?
  • 3 x Burning Empire
    2 x Burning wheel.

Long weekend, my bad.

Ch
    -EndGame
  • No worries. Thanks so much! Great info!
  • Chris, you folks rock mightily. Thanks for doing so much to promote indie games and even more for sharing the figures with us. It's exciting to see.
  • I'm curious, so three questions.

1. How many people attend DDC?

2. Can you list some non-Indie games for the sake of comparison?

3. Do you have life-long sale count of Indie Games?

And thank you for sharing.
  • Intergalactic Cooking Challenge did well. Anything behind that? Or is it just a game of the moment?

Graham
  • I wonder how does the list tally with the games that were being played/ran at the con? Anyone able to comment on that?
  • There's some top notch sales there, but I do have a question:

No games produced by UK companies appear on the list of sales. I'm thinking here of the likes of Best friends, Contenders, Covenant, Cold City, Dead of Night and so forth. All are available through IPR, so I was wondering if the lack of sales was due to:

No stock due to lack of interest in the products?
    Stock available, but no interest in the products?
    No interest due to us being UK based and therefore not as able to have US con presence* (for obvious reasons!)?

Then again, it could be down to a totally different set of reasons. Anyway, I'd be interested to hear people thoughts on this.

Cheers
    Malcolm

*With all the attendant benfits of demoing, chatting to people and so forth.
  • Posted By: andrew_kenrickI wonder how does the list tally with the games that were being played/ran at the con? Anyone able to comment on that?
    That I recall seeing (and according to the program book), none of the games that Chris posted for the EG S-G sales were run at the Con.

My samurai event used the SotC rules (so we may have gotten some attention for it from our 28+ players). Carl Rigby was also at the Con, so I'm sure there was DitV being had as well. There was also a Mountain Witch game offered in the program guide.

Couldn't tell you if any S-G went down in the open gaming room.
  • Hey Chris,

No My Life with Master sales?

Paul
  • Posted By: Thunder_GodI'm curious, so three questions.

1. How many people attend DDC?
    approx 1,800
    Posted By: Thunder_God
    2. Can you list some non-Indie games for the sake of comparison?
    In a few days, sure.
    3. Do you have life-long sale count of Indie Games?

No, but I have 2006's numbers here
    And thank you for sharing.
    You are welcome...open communication makes us stronger ;)
  • Posted By: Graham WalmsleyIntergalactic Cooking Challenge did well. Anything behind that? Or is it just a game of the moment?

Graham

Pretty sure it was because it was "new", dunno for sure. The booth was slammed enough that no one on staff was able to do any market researchy type questions that w often try and do in the store.
  • It's because we hate the British.

;)

No, what it was really from was my overly tired self posting when I should have waited until I was less tired. I revised the list above when I filtered the report correctly. My apologies. I screwed that up originally.

Some of the titles you list below did get some love, and on par with several other titles. I was out of a couple by the time I got my restock, I am pretty sure Dead of Night was in that lot. I had 6 copies of Contenders on the shelf, and at least 3 copies of Cold City at the show. For one reason or another, they did what they did...dunno.

Contenders has seen some play at the store, so I know there is some interest, and Cold City moved well when it originally came in, but slowed down. Dead of Night has done VERY well for us, we just got caught being out right as the con approached.

Hope that helps.
    Posted By: MalcolmCraigThere's some top notch sales there, but I do have a question:

No games produced by UK companies appear on the list of sales. I'm thinking here of the likes of Best friends, Contenders, Covenant, Cold City, Dead of Night and so forth. All are available through IPR, so I was wondering if the lack of sales was due to:

No stock due to lack of interest in the products?
    Stock available, but no interest in the products?
    No interest due to us being UK based and therefore not as able to have US con presence* (for obvious reasons!)?

Then again, it could be down to a totally different set of reasons. Anyway, I'd be interested to hear people thoughts on this.

Cheers
    Malcolm

*With all the attendant benfits of demoing, chatting to people and so forth.
  • I revised this above, I sold my last two copies there.

Sorry about that.
    Posted By: Paul CzegeHey Chris,

No My Life with Master sales?

Paul
  • Hi Chris,

Thanks for all the info. As a group, us chaps over here are trying to work out how we can better promote our games at the American conventions. Many of them seem to do very well for small press titles, so it's something we need to take a good look at.

Thanks for providing all this information and thanks for stocking Cold City!

Cheers
    Malcolm
  • You are very welcome. I played Cold City and enjoyed it.

If I could suggest having a look at this thread. Since we do a lot of in-store gaming and demos, I have found when an author/publisher can provide my GMs with this kind of material, it seriously goes a long way. I am sure it would help at regional cons, etc.

Just a thought.

Ch
    -EndGame
    Posted By: MalcolmCraigHi Chris,

Thanks for all the info. As a group, us chaps over here are trying to work out how we can better promote our games at the American conventions. Many of them seem to do very well for small press titles, so it's something we need to take a good look at.

Thanks for providing all this information and thanks for stocking Cold City!

Cheers
    Malcolm
  • I have been revising my 15 minute demo pack for Cold City and it should be available in the very near future. I've also got some game materials to post up as well that should help GMs who want to run quick games with pre-gen characters. Hopefully this may be a fruitful avenues to head down.

Anyway, don't want to derail this thread from the main topic under discussion, so I'll hush up now!

Cheers
    Malcolm
  • I think these sales are pretty impressive when you look at the RPG event list for DunDraCon. I didn't bother going because the only indie game event I saw listed out of at least 100 events the entire weekend was a Mountain Witch "tournament", and I wasn't real sure how that was going to be structured. It's amazing (and slightly depressing) to me that Chris H. appears to get more indie love in his one-day minicons than a major con does in an entire weekend with 1800 people. But then again Chris really works hard at promoting these games and encourages us to try (and run) new things.

Having said this, there may have been some pickup games and demos at DDC that I didn't hear about. Carl Rigney noted elsewhere that he ran DitV and TPK.
  • I'd be interested to compare these numbers to the IPR numbers for its booth at Dreamation... There might be some similar trends we could spot.
  • Posted By: Penn42Dead of Night has done VERY well for us
    I'd like to think that that's a widespread thing, but I suspect it's more to do with Merwin living in San Francisco!