[Camp Nerdly] Chip Trade

edited May 2007 in Story Games
I have 13 lovely Camp Nerdly poker chips in hand: 3 black, 3 blue, 3 red, 3 green, and 1 white.

I'd love to consolidate to one color. If anyone wants to trade, I'm more than willing. I'm looking to have all green (or maybe blue), so the other colors are up for trade.

Any takers?

Comments

• I'm down. Jo and I have one of each. I'd be willing to trade for Black (I want black chips). Andrew, how do you propose we facilitate the swap?
  • Well, if we're close enough, maybe one of us goes over to trade chips and have a game session while we're there, or go to a movie or something. Otherwise, a small padded envelope can't cost that much, since we're only talking like 30-35 grams being sent.

You...you're totally close enough for me to drive down some weekend, or maybe after work some weekday. Wait...you're in Philly, right?
  • The chips weigh 11 grams each, just FYI.
  • Remi, really? They feel like 10.5s.
  • Posted By: Andrew MorrisWell, if we're close enough, maybe one of us goes over to trade chips and have a game session while we're there, or go to a movie or something. Otherwise, a small padded envelope can't cost that much, since we're only talking like 30-35 grams being sent.

You...you're totally close enough for me to drive down some weekend, or maybe after work some weekday. Wait...you're in Philly, right?
    Philly it is, yes. And I don't mind driving. I love movies but my preference would be to throw down games :)
  • Posted By: Andrew MorrisRemi, really? They feel like 10.5s.
    Damn you, Andrew Morris.
  • I'll be in, and go for all reds or whites.
  • edited May 2007
    Ah, the elusive Nerdly 01 White - rarest of all comemorative woodsy gaming festival chips. Produced in limited quantities. The chip of nerd kings.
  • I would be willing to drive for a Chip Trade/Game Day if someone is willing to host. 5 players only and we refer to ourselves by our colors. I will be Mr. Black. Any takers?
  • BTW in case everyone missed that, I just escalated the stakes ;)
  • Remi, I'll take that to mean they really are 10.5 gram chips, then. :-)

Yeah, I'm totally down for that, Don. I'd be happy to host, but I live in an apartment, so I don't have lots of space.
  • Posted By: eruditusI would be willing to drive for a Chip Trade/Game Day if someone is willing to host. 5 players only and we refer to ourselves by our colors. I will be Mr. Black. Any takers?
    If only there were some sort of game where people used these little chips and gambled for them! Oh wait...
  • Posted By: Andrew MorrisRemi, I'll take that to mean they really are 10.5 gram chips, then. :-)

Yeah, I'm totally down for that, Don. I'd be happy to host, and I live in an apartment that has plenty of space for at least two games.
  • Posted By: FrankPosted By: Andrew Morris
    Yeah, I'm totally down for that, Don. I'd be happy to host, and I live in an apartment that has plenty of space for at least two games.
    Just because you're subtle, doesn't mean you're not an ass, you ass. :-)

So yeah, I've got space. What I don't have is a roomate who's supportive of gaming.

Is anyone else up for a Chip Trade/Game Day in the central Jersey area? If so, just call me Mr. Green. Or does anyone have a better place to hold it?
  • Might be a good GSG 0.01 event :).
  • edited May 2007
    I'd be down for a GSG event if that's cool with everyone although it would be cooler to have it in a poorly lit smokey environment ;)

So we need five players.
    Black - Rob
    Green - Andrew
    Red - Joanna
    Blue - Don

Chime in on this specifically and I will edit you're name in.
    - Don
  • Can I call the red chip slot? Can I be Mrs. Red - or should you just call me Scarlet?
  • Only if Dave says he can't make it up for a Chip trip to Jersey.
  • Spot's yours, Joanna.

I would still trade chips by mail, though.
  • I will trade whatever color's left because I wanted black.
  • Black you are, my friend. I was torn between the two colors and you helped me make my decision.

So one more. Who will be white?
    - Don
  • White's tricky because there are less whites in an average collection than there are of the other colors.
  • Were there less whites distributed as swag at CN01?
  • Yes. About half the bags had just one white in them. The other half had two.
  • OK, now yer all just coming up with threads to make we who missed it jealous.

Chips indeed...

Mike
  • Okay, cool. Now we have to start thinking about when. If we're gonna do some gaming, we should do it on a Saturday or Sunday. If we do it on a Saturday, it'll be crazy hard to come up with a mutually acceptable one, since Saturdays tend to be the big "other stuff" day. Got any preferences Rob, Joanna, Don? Anyone else who's nearby and wants to be invited? Oh, and if you would like to show up for the gaming (not the chip trade) whisper me and we'll talk.
  • Third Sunday of this month is ideal for me.
  • The 20th? That would be good for us. Andrew?
  • Tentatively yes. I'll have to check with my social calendar/girlfriend to be certain.

What time of day?
  • The girlfriend says the 20th is currently free of any scheduled events :)
  • edited May 2007
    Excellent. Can we make a day of it? Two games? Or do we stick to one? We're free for the day and could get up there by 10am.

The REAL questions are "What do we play?" And who will run it?

Of course, as suggested, it has to include chips. So what are our choices?
    • Mortal Coil
    • PTA
    • Contract Work (in playtesting, but maybe we can get Russell to run it)
    No doubt I am missing others.

Are we in contention for running? If so, maybe we should have a contest for the GM spot >:D
  • I'm always happy to get some gaming in, so we could do a couple of sessions. Russ has been over before, and he's okay in my book, so he could do a playtest if he wants to.

Other games with poker chips are Capes (which I can always run) and....you know....poker.

If Russ wants to playtest, I can do the same, with a small LARP using my new system, based on the Lost Room mini-series.
  • I'll ask him. I think two games is enough :)
  • Okay, so no Russell. He would love to join us but has some other commitments he needs to see to.

So I'd like to run Mortal Coil. If someone else can put another game up on the block then I think we'd be in good shape.

10am to 10pm? Break for chatting and meals?

Thoughts? Andrew, can you whisper us with the locale?

thanks,
    - Don
  • That being said maybe Mortal Coil and Capes, then?
  • What time of day are we thinking, Don? And where? I may have to come late if we stick with 10 am.
  • Next week I am hosting a Game Day (of course all are welcome... more on that tomorrow). I am free every Sunday in June. Anyone want to pick one of those?
  • Don,

The first weekend in June is Jiffycon so I can't do that but I can probably do thereafter.
  • So how's June 16th as a good rain date for the Chip trade game day?
  • I will ask Russell if he can run Contract Work again. Let me know if Sunday, June 16th works for everyone.
  • I'm going to try to be there on that day but I can't yet promise. I'm going to try to make it happen though.
  • Update, I can probably do this. When do you plan on starting? 12 pm is probably the earliest I can go.