Can I talk about Forge Midwest?

Man, I am so excited for the FM thingie. I never get to do no gamin' no more.

Here's what I'm looking forward to, aside from seein' all the peeps that I never get to see:

Playtesting Galactic, because today it rocks. Tomorrow I might post a 'never mind I hate it' update, but today it rocks.

Playing some Stranger Things. Andy, are you with me?

Playing some Dust Devils 2 with Matt Sny-Dar at the helm!

Playing some game that I only vaguely knew about and being pleasantly surprised by how cool it is.

Who's getting in when? Do people have flights yet? I already know when I'll be there.

Now, please excuse me. The wine is really kicking in, and my postability is waning.

Comments

• edited March 2006
    Hey dude, hope it's cool, I moved the discussion to "Meetups", cause that's what this gig is.

Anyway, yeah, I'm excited. Although I also have that sinking feeling of:

30 plus folk that I really enjoy talking to and hanging around.
    30 of them have games they can run at the drop of a hat.
    28 of them are working on A New Game.

So I'll be banging my head against a wall, going "Who the fuck do I game with? I Just. Can't. Decide. What if this session isn't as fun as that one over there? What if this session ends an hour too late and I can't get into a session of that game I really want to play over there?"

etc

But I'm going Friday early (arrival is like 9:30 or something) and coming back either Sun night or Mon AM. I've looked into flights, and while I haven't booked it yet, there's some solid no-stopovers for like $200-230. But I'm going to try buying with frequent flyer miles first.

Oh, and I'm totally up for some Stranger Things. I was trying to do some early playtesting of the thing, but my time cracked up for the next 1-2 months at least, so I won't have the time to playtest anything new (as I dive into work for Tenra Bansho and my own game, and that's not counting work, which is consuming like 50 hours a week or more).

-Andy
  • John's getting in around 2:30 and I'll be picking him up with spousetastic, so we'll be around for a while before check-in.

'sfunny, we were just talking about what games would be cool and the tough choices that will await. Somebody should make a game about having to choose the right games to play at a con.
  • As mostly an outsider I just hope that I'll be able to get into games...
  • GC, I think there'll be more games than you'll know what to do with.

Maybe we need to get a tentative schedule started, though.
  • Totally. Or a creative method for determining games. Like a lottery. Or every readied game/GM gets a card, and every person who shows up gets a card, which they throw at the above cards, and the 3-4 cards that land nearest to that above card get turned into sessions.

Or something.

-Andy
  • Or we could use a farcical aquatic ceremony.
  • I'll be in the bar on Friday evening, drinking bourbon with Matt W and SoCo with Matt S -- and anyone else who wants to join us. I expect we'll find all our answers at the bottom of a bottle.

Before and after that, anything goes.

But, yeah, I'm psyched. I MUST play: Ghost Killers with Andy. Galactic with Matt W. Nine Worlds with Matt S. Everything else is negotiable.

Stranger Things will be crammed into any openings. You heard me. I'll even have a playtest kit available before the event for anyone who wants to (gasp) play it without me -- which would make me incredibly happy.
  • edited March 2006
    bq. Stranger Things will be crammed into any openings. You heard me.

Wow... remind me not to get too drunk and pass out.

Seriously though, I'm making every effort to come to this, and I don't even care if I don't get a chance to play much, I just want to meet everybody.
  • Can I say that I'm totally bummed that I'm not going to be able to make it to this one?
  • Totally. Or a creative method for determining games. Like a lottery. Or every readied game/GM gets a card, and every person who shows up gets a card, which they throw at the above cards, and the 3-4 cards that land nearest to that above card get turned into sessions.
    LARP it.
  • LARP it.

Boffer LARP it.

Only room for six players but got twelve clammoring for seats? Beat the crap out of each other 'till only six can keep their feet.

Hilarity ensues.