Anyone interested in a PBEM playtest of A Penny For My Thoughts?

edited September 2007 in Story Games
It occurred to me the this morning that APFMT is reasonably well-suited to play by email. I'm working on the manuscript again, and I'd like to get my head into the right space. Anyone interested in trying it? The current draft is here. I think we should be able to play a complete game in about a week.

--Paul

Comments

• wow, i think i would be. from what (fairly little) i know about the game, i think i'd actually probably feel much more comfortable playing it by email than in person. though i am hoping to try it that way sometime too.

-brian
  • Hell yeah! Sign me up, Paul - lachek at gmail dot com
  • Sign me up too. greatwolf *at* gmail -dot- com.

Seth Ben-Ezra
    Great Wolf
  • edited September 2007
    Sounds wonderful and I would be most interested but the expectation of getting it done in a week makes me worried if I can turn around posts that fast. What posting rate were you thinking of? rich.ditullio *at* gmail dot com for me.
  • A week might be too ambitious. I'm thinking 3-4 posts a day. Some of those will be really short.

If I get a lot of interest, I'm willing to play multiple games at a time.

--Paul
  • Hey, Paul,

I whispered to you about APFMT in the ashcan thread, but I'm not sure if you saw it.
  • OK, then that I can handle. Keep me on the interested list.
  • Posted By: MatthijsI whispered to you about APFMT in the ashcan thread, but I'm not sure if you saw it.
    About sending you a copy? Due to delays around the house, it went to the post office today.
  • I suppose I ought to have posted my email address too, huh? fnord3125 -at- gmail -dot- com
  • I'm up for it. quentin dot hudspeth at gmail dot com.

Out of curiosity, why are we replacing periods with the word dot and @ with the word at?
  • edited September 2007
    Posted By: QHudspethOut of curiosity, why are we replacing periods with the word dot and @ with the word at?

You mean, you don't remember?

You may not remember, because you have been given an experimental drug that has erased your recent memories. We have done this in an attempt to recover your other lost memories. Allow me to explain...
  • edited September 2007
    I would be interested in seeing how the very first act of the game, where you keep/give/are given pennies, works in a disconnected, time-lag environment like PBEM.
  • Posted By: Ryan MacklinI would be interested in seeing how the very first act of the game, where you keep/give/are given pennies, works in a disconnected, time-lag environment like PBEM.
    I was likely going to fudge that part.
  • edited September 2007
    I'd like to give it a go, not having a job should mean I can keep up with regular posting (give or take the time difference if most people are in the US).

You can reach me at (my username on this forum)@gmail.com
  • Hey Paul,

After hearing more about the game on various podcasts I am sure interested to see it go. Considering I'm a veteran of trying to get Universalis to work online. I'd like to be in on this. My email is trevis dot martin at gmail dot com.

Trevis
  • I would play this!
  • I'm going to give people until Monday to express interest, then I'll start dividing up people into games (as we obviously need at least two.)
  • I would like to play with an eye on getting more visual inspiration for the game. :)
  • Any other takers? I'm going to start setting this up tomorrow.

--Paul
  • Sure, I'm interested. I'm curious as to how this works via PBEM, and I enjoy the game. Though, if you want these to be playtests involving folks who have never tried it, I can understand that.
  • edited September 2007
    I'd love to take part.

wildelf over at gmail.
  • And we're closed for now. It's possible I'll do another round in the future.

Thanks!

--Paul