Game title anagram holiday quiz

edited December 2007 in Story Games
I'm bored at work. I want to go on holiday. I want to do a quiz.

Here's one: game titles as anagrams. Find out the correct titles of these games:

1. Renumbering Psi
2. Beer Dud Then
3. Dinner Owls
4. One Sip
5. The Labia Harsh Choir
6. Be Her Lung Win
7. Deed Trifles Hotel
8. Oral Pis
9. Authentic Moth Win
10. Scone Trend

Send your answers to me in whispers and I'll announce the winners (and real titles, of course) tomorrow.

Comments

• #4 is Ponies! Walmsley, that's your game-in-development isn't it?
  • Posted By: Paul Czege#4 is Ponies! Walmsley, that's your game-in-development isn't it?
    I thought that was Luke Crane's and Jared Sorensen's? ^_^
  • edited December 2007
    Very cool. Keep the posters coming if you like.

We have three people so far who have the correct answers :) Seems like One Sip/Ponies has created most problems until now, closely followed by Deed Trifles Hotel.
  • Deed Trifles Hotel is the one that was killing me! I was pleased as punch when I figured it out.
  • One sip is only six letters. How can that be hard? It's hardly cloak-and-dagger subterfuge.
  • I HATE DEEEED TRIFLES HOTELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
  • True, but if you lock your brain into it must be Poison'd, it's hard (right, Joe?)
  • edited December 2007
    In my mind, I'm less concerned with breaking apart the anagrams and more concerned with playing/writing Deed Trifles Hotel.
  • Someone make that POSTER
  • Posted By: Jason MorningstarOne sip isonly six letters.How can that be hard? It's hardly cloak-and-dagger subterfuge.
    It is, in fact, a Scottish game about an old phallic clan.
  • Posted By: Per FischerSomeone make that POSTER
    "FOR THE PONIES!!!!"
  • Is there a game called O' Penis, because, well, I hope not. I actually know the answer (and, consequently, why it may be giving this crowd some trouble).

While we're at it, I'll do my own anagram for Dawning Star, cuz it's cool: Sting And War

And Passages: Page Sass
  • edited December 2007
    DON'T GIVE ME MORE GAME IDEAS!

I am now thinking that "Ponies" would be a really interesting challenge to write.

Graham
  • I got them all, including the unfortunate #4.
  • Nice, Jason, but that picture doesn't look anything like Malcolm.
  • edited December 2007
    That's because it's O'Penis himself. In the game you actually get to play O'Penis.
  • Wouldn't that be "the O'Penis"?
  • Posted By: Jason MorningstarThat's because it's O'Penis himself. In the gameyou actually get to play O'Penis.
    I can't wait for my preorder. I hear you get a real tuft of his hair! *swoon*
  • edited December 2007
    Posted By: Jason MorningstarThat's because it's O'Penis himself. In the gameyou actually get to play O'Penis.
    I'd be more impressed if you got to play with O'Penis.

Cheers
    Malc

edit: I also think that Scone Trend would be a fantastic magazine, all the latest on the leading edge of baking, cakes and allied produce.
  • There are extra brownie points for anyone coming up with a good anagrams for Sorcerer or Cold City - it's darn near impossible!
  • Core Errs?
  • Score Err, seems vaguely appropriate for Sorcerer.

The best I can come up with for Cold City is Icy Colt D.
  • Is "City Cold" too obvious?
  • Coldy Tic?

Graham
  • edited December 2007
    By the way, to be logical and realistic, #2 should probably read "Beer Then Dud".

Edit: A Google image search on Deed Trifles Hotel yields a couple of pictures that I think should be included in the upcoming game:

http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/h/hardy/thomas/hand/images/plate8.jpg
    and
    http://www.gutenberg.org/files/13195/13195-h/images/619.png
  • Based on those pictures, I'm thinking Deed Trifles Hotel is Cheers using DRYH, in turn-of-the-century Boston.

I'm in.
  • Posted By: AnemoneBy the way, to be logical and realistic, #2 should probably read "Beer Then Dud".

Edit:A Google image search on Deed Trifles Hotel yields a couple of pictures that I think should be included in the upcoming game:

http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/h/hardy/thomas/hand/images/plate8.jpg
    and
    That's a Jason Morningstar game waiting to happen if I ever saw one.
  • Spirit of the Century: "Uh... try 'perfectionist'."
    Don't Rest Your Head: A Herded, Nosy Tutor

I suck at unscrambling these things, alas.
  • edited December 2007
    Hi everyone, thanks for participating. You're too good. The correct list, which most of you managed to dig out, is:

1. Burning Empires
    2. Under the Bed
    3. Nine Worlds
    4. Spione
    5. The Shab-al-Hiri Roach
    6. Burning Wheel
    7. The Riddle of Steel
    8. Polaris
    9. The Mountain Witch
    10. Contenders

The list of winners
    Matthjis, Darcy, Paul Czege, Sophie, Chris Goodwin, Peter Dyring-Olsen, Ryan Macklin, Matt Snyder.

Darcy Burgess was the fastest to come back with all 10 correct answers. He was nearly beaten by Matthjis, who submitted 9/10 after about an hour, and then spend the rest of the day trying to figure out what Deed Trifles Hotel was.

Cheers!
    Per
  • Thanks, Per! It's astounding how long 'Scone Trend' took. I blame 'Contenders'.
  • YAY! We are winners! I WINNED!

Thanks, Per :)
  • "A Machete Owner Ship!"
    - guess which song?
  • I'm tempted to make a different holiday quiz, to spread the love and keep it going as this was pretty fun. Probably a simple substitution cipher one, since I used to fancy myself a big ol' crypto nerd. Stuff like WBGJN SUJLB MNDSQ W being the ciphertext for Don't Rest Your Head. But, I suspect that's a bit too obscure.
  • *rolls up his sleeves and pulls out the old Enigma machine from the cupboard*
  • Story Games:
    - Messy groat
    - Grassy tome
    - Orgasms yet?
    - Smarty egos
    - Go try mesas
    - Sea gym rots
    - My gross tea
    - My sore stag
    - So gay terms
    - Mess at orgy
  • I'm feeling pretty smug -- I wonz too, and it took me less than an hour from the moment I first saw the quiz. Yay. :-p
  • That was indeed a Chariot Mildest of fun. Thanks for the gift, Per.

• Posted By: MatthijsStory Games:
    - Messy groat
    - Grassy tome
    - Orgasms yet?
    - Smarty egos
    - Go try mesas
    - Sea gym rots
    - My gross tea
    - My sore stag
    - So gay terms
    - Mess at orgy
    I totally LOL'd.

*smacks forehead* Spione. I've never heard of that, which explains the difficulty.