Pendragon's map is big, and I mean BIG!

edited December 2007 in Story Games
Link to the pictures.

Best. Map. Ever.

Comments

• edited December 2007
    Holy fuck, that thing is huge, gorgeous AND awesome. Where did you buy it from?

EDIT: I'm also proud that I could recognize the Forgotten Realms map before I read the caption. :-)

-Andy
  • We used a local company here in Montevideo, called 4 Tintas (4 Inks). They do a lot of work for companies, architects, engineers, artists, etc.

By the way, that's the actual size of the map. We didn't increase it or anything. :-)
  • You must make sure that your characters are big enough to fit.
  • I don't get it? Why?

I mean, the map is nice an' all, but why order it and give it to the pundit? And, even stranger, why post about it here? (Sorry if I'm missing the joke)

Per
  • Posted By: Per FischerI mean, the map is nice an' all, but why order it and give it to the pundit?
    Jong lives in Uruguay. Pundy is Jong's regular GM and friend.
    Posted By: Per FischerAnd, even stranger, why post about it here?
    Because the map is awesome, totally independent of who gave or received it.

It's no joke or nothing, just a giant geek boner to be shared with a bunch of other folks.

Jong is just a guy who likes RPGs of all kinds and happens to play with the Pundit. There's no irony, no jokes, no hidden motives, no bullshit.
  • edited December 2007
    So, in Argentina Uruguay players give presents to their GMs? Weird. I think what confused me was it was the Pundit I suppose - had it been anybody else I wouldn't have battered an eyelid.

By all means, geek bone away, don't mind me ;)

Per
  • edited December 2007
    Posted By: Per FischerSo, inArgentinaUruguay players give presents to their GMs?
    In my older gaming groups in high school and stuff, we would often give a collective present to the GM: Usually it was a book or game resource for the game we were playing at the time. Frex, my friends chipped in and bought Steve, my high school DM, the Dark Sun boxed set the year it came out (together we played AD&D 2e for a few years, usually bi-weekly or so). That kind of thing.

Nowadays, though, the game sessions feel far more like collectives of friends, without a single regular GM (save me for my weekly group). I gave a new player to our monthly D&D 3e game a set of polyhedrals (as he was new to gaming, didn't have a set and was borrowing ours, and I had some extra tubes from an order I made to Koplow Games), but that's about it. In my weekly group, our GM is often Me. Instead, we often buy gifts (usually food, beer or random book/game) to The Person Whose House We Game At Regularly.

Yikes, this is smelling like a new thread, sorry!

-Andy
  • edited December 2007
    That's pretty neat. Is it getting used in the Great Pendragon Campaign?

Anyone know what the dimensions were on that 4-part megaposter map of Forgotten Realms published in Dragon a few years back? I mean, if we're going for a geek dick-waving contest, it's good to know where this fits in.
  • edited December 2007
    Posted By: AndyPosted By: Per FischerI mean, the map is nice an' all, but why order it and give it to the pundit?
    Jong lives in Uruguay. Pundy is Jong's regular GM and friend.
    Posted By: Per FischerAnd, even stranger, why post about it here?
    Because the map is awesome, totally independent of who gave or received it.

It's no joke or nothing, just a giant geek boner to be shared with a bunch of other folks.

Jong is just a guy who likes RPGs of all kinds and happens to play with the Pundit. There's no irony, no jokes, no hidden motives, no bullshit.

Andy got it right. :-)

I gave several gifts to my friends this holiday season: the Blue Planet's Player Guide, The Children of Húrin, and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

EDIT: I've met some gaming groups here who pool their money to buy a book they want, but can't afford individually (Uruguay's economy is not exactly on par with America's). Said groups are usually close friends, who don't really mind who has the book as long as they have it.