After playing several chapters of In a Wicked Age at the Story Games lounge in Conquest, I've been inspired to create an Oracle of images from the original Robert E Howard Conan stories. So far, I've got 20 or so. Here are some examples:
- A group of conspirators, at the cusp of great action, with doubters who must be persuaded or coerced.
- A fleeing woman, whose brother has been fed to jackals.
- A pirate queen, worshiped by her crew of jungle savages.
- The inhabitants of a lost city, degenerate and fallen from the glory of their past.
Two hundred or more entries is a lot of work, especially if I'm consulting the stories for images.
I invite you to help. Post contributions here and I will compile, edit, and distribute the new oracle when it's done.
If you want to participate, you'll need:
1) Familiarity with In a Wicked Age. (http://www.lumpley.com/wicked.html
2) Access to some or all of the Conan stories authored by Robert Howard.
Please do post entries derived from the stories that Howard himself wrote. I ask that you don't post entries from any other source. (Click here for a list of Howard's Conan stories.
My method has been to flip through my story collection, pick a passage at random, and convert it to an oracle entry. Of course, when I get a memory flash, I use those too.Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was a Wicked Age undreamed of....