[Red Box Hack] The Boom Towns of Arneson and Gygax

edited March 2008 in Story Games
Hopefully, I'll get to run this tonight with Jeff and Storn and take it to AP. We'll see.

Gygax and Arnseon are small towns divided by a twisting river. They sit in a valley with bitter-cold winters and beautiful, long summers.

Four kids, two from Gygax and two from Arneson ran away together and found the dungeon in the hills.

Three of them came back, scarred and frightened, refusing to talk about what happened to their friend. Their backs were bent from all of the gold, platinum and sorcery they were carrying. When the merchant next came through town and her stock was bought out by one of the adventurers, word got out fast. One retired from adventuring and built a tavern, another is building a cathedral to her goddess and the last has been elected sheriff of the two towns that have merged since the dungeon boom.

In a matter of months these sleepy towns of 200 has become a booming city of 20,000.

There's a dungeon in them there hills with gold and magic for those with the cunning to take it.

Comments

• HOT! What did you think of the dice mechanics?
  • Posted By: Ryan StoughtonHOT! What did you think of the dice mechanics?
    Haven't played yet.

Hopefully, tonight.

It all reads like a ton of fun to me.
  • That's cool ! I love your backstory.

Did you see the changes I compiled in this thread ? The game works fine without them, but I think it will be even better with them.

Good game.

Best,
    Antoine
  • Thanks, Antoine.
  • You need a dragon. Your game won't be complete if there is not a dragon at some point. ^_^
  • This seems too sassy to pass up.
  • edited March 2008
    I want my character to have some connection to the missing child in the dungeon.

Like maybe even dreams that the kid has gone wrong... like evil... and that is why he stayed behind. And i'm the battle scarred paladin/mage/cleric/wizard/rogue (take your pick) who is the boy's uncle?

Just throwing stuff against the wall, see what sticks.
  • I wish you kids were skyping this. I'd go buy a headset.
  • *leaves out pieces of bait*
    Posted By: StornI want my character to have some connection to the missing child in the dungeon.

Like maybe even dreams that the kid has gone wrong... like evil... and that is why he stayed behind. And i'm the battle scarred paladin/mage/cleric/wizard/rogue (take your pick) who is the boy's uncle?

Just throwing stuff against the wall, see what sticks.
    DING!

Got one.

Sounds good, Storn. We'll work it out tonight.
  • Did this happen? 'Cuz I wanna hear about it!

• Posted By: Eric ProvostDid this happen? 'Cuz I wanna hear about it!
    The weather turned to bullshit and Storn couldn't make it into town.

But we're trying again on Sunday.