JiffyCon Greenfield, MA, June 21 (and 22)

Hi folks,

We'll have our next Jiffyness in Greenfield in June. We want to see you! Who can come?

JiffyCon.com

We've got the space for Saturday June 21 (the solstice, as it happens) and also for part of the day on Sunday the 22nd. We'll have scheduled games on Saturday and then playtesting/playstorming on Sunday. Playstorming is a mix of playtesting and brainstorming--coined by the pioneers over at the Imagination Sweat Shop. Take a game idea you've got and help give it form by developing it in play. It's design in motion. Got one you'd like to work on?

best,
Em

Comments

• I'm going to be there, running Misspent Youth and on the second day I might playstorm my werewolf-pack game, or my Game Chef entry, Bitch Goddess.
  • I'm up for it, depending on whether the New York Nerd contingent is going along.
  • I'm there, as if you had to ask.
  • As of right now, I will be there!
  • Woo-hoo! I hope we get a good chunk of Nerds. We specially rescheduled it to not coincide with Big Apple Con to that effect.
  • I believe Terry, Eppy, Herzy, are coming as well!
  • We're doing a house con in London, on the same day. Would you like to link up, in some way?

Graham
  • Thor is coming now as well!
  • Graham: I'd like to. What time shall we come over?

...I wish.

So how could we link up otherwise? Any ideas?

Also: hooray NYC people coming!
  • edited May 2008
    Will we have internet access at JiffyCon? If someone has a laptop with a mic, speaker, web cam, and skype, we could try to make it happen!

I also heard that there is a good chance Eruditus and Spring may come.
  • I will not be able to make it to Saturday day but I might be able to swing up for Saturday night to Sunday.

We'll see.

This would all be so much easier if I didn't have a Saturday shift at work, dammit.
  • I think I should very much like to attend.
  • edited May 2008
    Matt Wilson is probably coming now. He says even seeing Judd for just a few hours will make it all worth it!

Edit: damn it! Cross posted with Matt Wilson!!!
  • If anyone needs a ride up and is willing to stop in Plymouth first, let me know.
  • Our friends Saif and Donna may come now as well!

Emily (or anyone), are there any hotels near by that you can recommend?
  • edited May 2008
    Posted By: Judd...I might be able to swing up for Saturday night to Sunday.
    You better swing if you're coming up Saturday night. Or I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
  • We have a bunch of space for folks to crash & we'll also put together some local hotel info. I think Joshua is heading up this effort!
  • Posted By: Epidiah RavacholPosted By: Judd...I might be able to swing up for Saturday night to Sunday.
    You better swing if you're coming up Saturday night. Or I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

Like on a swing set?
  • I would really like to be there, but the 21st is the day I have to be moved in for my new job. We'll see.
  • There is a pretty good chance that i'll be coming.

Hey new york kids, ping me about how your all getting there, it's probably a lot easier for me to meet up with you folks in the city and then carpool up to hippie town.

kevin dot allen dot jr@gmail dot com
  • Amusingly enough, that weekend is also PaulCon VI. Clearly, it's some sort of gaming convergence.

--Paul
  • Awesome, Kev! Very much hope to have you there.

And, it is funny, Paul. Saturday the 21st is apparently Free RPG Day. Maybe we could all do some sort of shared thang to connect with these cool industry vibes. :)

http://www.freerpgday.com/