Players of Games are Rock Stars, an online event

edited February 2009 in Story Games
So, here's how this works.

You whisper below that you are interested in taking part and you are both an interviewer and a player. You wear both hats, just in different parts of the event.

As a player, you will provide a written account of some play that you took part in. It can be something you wrote just for this event or an old AP thread from a forum, your blog, wherever.

As a reporter, you just have to look over the AP report and ask meaningful questions as if the player is a fucking rock star and you are the Rolling Stone of gaming because they are, dammit.

So, let's get this party started. Here's what I need whispered to me below:
Your Name:

Your E-mail:

Link to your AP Report of any RPG:
Once I have enough people, I will set them up with each other through e-mail and they can conduct the interview over e-mail or IM, as long as it is published in a blog, forum, whatever, where other people can see, interact and ask the rock-star-player questions about their play once the interview is published.

Does this make sense?

Whisper me.

FAQ

Judd, will I get to interview the person who interviews me?

No, I am going to cross-pollinate this shit right up.

Judd, should it be a positive game or a negative?

Either one is great!

Judd, man, Judd, I don't have any AP to link to, man. You are setting up an exclusive event that only allows for one mode of thinking that I don't agree with.

You can either go and write up an AP right now (wherever you want) or not participate.

Once things get rolling, I will post links to the various AP interview threads right here so people can go around the internets and ask questions of their favorite game playing rock stars.

Comments

• Hey Judd, I really love this idea. Do you think convention AP or ongoing game AP would be a better submission for this project?
  • Posted By: RemiHey Judd, I really love this idea. Do you think convention AP or ongoing game AP would be a better submission for this project?
    I think whichever one you are more excited to talk about is the one to pick.
  • More than enough people have whispered to me; this event is a go.

I will get started on this tomorrow.
  • The first round of interviews has been sent out.

Thanks for the whispers folks.

If there are more people interested, I will start another round next week.

Judd
  • edited March 2009
    I interviewed Andy about his With Great Power Night Watch game.

Edit: If you tried to read it and got a headache, I worked in some paragraph breaks. AOL's HTML export is horrible though. Nothing I can do about that.
  • I'm still in! I'll be doing Jason G's interview this week, as I have the time. I wasn't able to do it last week because I was being a reclusive dork.
  • Hay guyz how is this comin along
  • I've interviewed JD and just need to organize the text a bit. I also need to respond to Arturo's email.
  • I'm being slow as shit, but I've got some great stuff from the Other Jason. Working this week on Round Two of questions.

-Andy
  • edited April 2009
    Speaking of this, I've got my interview all wrapped up and ready to post.

I was going to post it this weekend, but I accidentally slipped on a bar of soap and found myself watching about 10 hours of Japanese TV dramas instead. Now I want to design the Hissatsu Shigotonin RPG. Actually, I don't want to design it per se, I just want to play it. BEHOLD.

I'll have it up this week, though. It's good stuff, a very fun activity which celebrates play over design.

-Andy
  • And.... done!

Uploaded into a thread of its own, over here:

http://www.story-games.com/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=9145

-Andy
  • Awesome!!
  • Did you forget about this? You did. Therefore you are dumb. Because this is great.
  • I didn't forget and I'm not dumb, just busy. Life happened.

Glad you like it, take it and run with it, man.
  • I should have said "I" instead of "you", sorry for the typo.