[Seattle Meetup May 30]

edited May 2009 in Meetups / Conventions
If we get 4+ players I've got a Geiger Counter game in mind based on a couple of the original Conan stories from Weird Tales. You would be some kind of vagabond trapped on an island with an Eldritch Horror lurking in the ruins.

If there's fewer players, we can dig out one of several cool games.

For location and future notices, subscribe to:

http://www.meetup.com/Story-Games-Seattle/

Comments

• Be there or be square people!
  • just RSVP'd. I've heard snippets about GC here and there, but I went and took a look at the beta rules. Count me excited.
  • Alan I've meant to mention this before, but I'm guessing you don't really mean meetup, in the internet sense of folks getting together and socializing about their common interest. You really mean just straight playing a pickup game. I've wondered if the last few events you've scheduled if you'd get better turn-out if you called it what it is.

And yes, Geiger Counter rocks, but sadly I can't play. I'd recommend the alpha version instead of the beta -- the game setup rules are much more interesting. Really the ideal case is a mix of alpha and beta, but that might be complicated for first time play.
  • Hi Ben,

I coordinate these games through meetup.com. As meetup.com is used for groups that do all sorts of things, from socializing to pick-up activities, I've used the term "meetup."

I'd be curious if anyone else has Ben's definition of a "meetup" -- does it mean just socializing?
  • About the game tomorrow -- I'm using the edition available for download. We will skip the scenario creation and use the stylesheet I've drawn up from the original Conan stories so we can get right into play.
  • I should be there.
  • Posted By: AlanHi Ben,

I coordinate these games through meetup.com. As meetup.com is used for groups that do all sorts of things, from socializing to pick-up activities, I've used the term "meetup."

I'd be curious if anyone else has Ben's definition of a "meetup" -- does it mean just socializing?
    I think meetup is fine, because I know you're specifically referencing meetup.com. I don't think anyone who comes to this site from the Seattle area is going to skip over your posts because they're thinking, "Nah, I don't want to get together and talk about story games." I think people get it.
  • The original (?) Seattle meetups last year started off as social gatherings (drinking, eating, yapping) to get to know other gamers, so I thought there might be confusion. Not really important.
  • Posted By: Ben RobbinsThe original (?) Seattle meetups last year started off as social gatherings (drinking, eating, yapping) to get to know other gamers, so I thought there might be confusion. Not really important.
    Shows what I know.
  • ;) Never mind all that. Have a great time playing Geiger Counter. It is the bomb.