Play Aids for Kills Puppies For Satan

edited June 2009 in Story Games
Hey Guys,

I'm running Kills Puppies for Satan again (to much critical acclaim) and was wondering if there were any play aids that i may not be knowledgible about. I already have btoh a pdf and the real book, but I was wondering if their were player made handouts lurking arround somewhere or sheets of stuff to do with evil. That kind of thing.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• THIS THREAD SCREAMS FOR INAPPROPRIATE COMMENTS STOP ME BEFORE I MAKE THEM
  • OK, now I'm imagining running this at a Con, but the first thing the players see is a pen full of puppies over in the corner...
  • better innappropiate content than no content.

and I think having puppies at the kills puppies game would be lulz worthy.

I surpose, the thing I generally make is a cheat sheet for evil uses and spells, and I was hoping someone had made a nicely formated and easy to use version, so that i dont have to use my ghetto version (which admittedly fits the game)

any tips for Calling Satan?

Ideas,?

I tend to make people with only 1 cold write down I kill puppies for stan, and i make everyone work with crayons and construction paper.

maybe I will hang the character sheets on the fridge after we are done this time.
  • Posted By: Logos7
    I tend to make people with only 1 cold write down I kill puppies for stan, and i make everyone work with crayons and construction paper.
    Nice. Anyways, the first thing that popped into my head was a knife. I don't know what you would do with it, but I think a big old knife stabbed into the middle of the table might do a lot to unnerve the players. Although if its at a con, balance the potential benefits against the chance of crazy con-goers and sharp things.
  • Posted By: Logos7I tend to make people with only 1 cold write down I kill puppies for stan
    Hilarious!

Here's a thing I do: you know how the NPCs have little character statements at the end of their stuff? I make the players write a quick sentence on their stuff too. About something stupid, vulgar, or wrong that the character has done and is known for to the other characters.
  • edited June 2009
    Okay, so: you bring one really small puppy, like a few weeks old, maybe its eyes aren't even open yet. Whenever a character is killing something to get spell points or whatever (it's been a while since I read the book), you hand that player the puppy and they have to hold it and stroke it while they describe how they would wring such-and-such animal's neck, or bash its head against the curb.

Hmm. Perhaps this is identifying too much with the overgrown scabs that are KPFS PCs.
  • Posted By: hanselOkay, so: you bring one really small puppy, like a few weeks old, maybe its eyes aren't even open yet...
    How about a bunch of small, card-sized pictures of helpless, tiny, innocent things, which you can hand to people when they accrue Evil? Remind the players that people hate them, and this is why.

I don't think there's any risk of identifying with kpfs PCs — maybe the same people who take GWAR seriously or something? — and I suppose that something like this would head off any movement in that direction.
  • Yeah, im not so sure that the whole hammering of the evil is the greatest idea ever, because I tend to hammer on how dumb piss poor and stupid their mundane lives and minds are and then allowing the evil expendatures to work, as vicarious wish fuffilment.

Seems to work for me. Of course Im not working the whole carthic angle so much as this game leads to the funny angel (such as the players determined to beat an angel in the crater to death with a bobby club, doesn't expect the other player to drive the police cruiser in and crash into the angel and the other player with the whole car. Of course my whole thing I need to learn in the game is to let go and let the players fuck themselves over, which is what i think the real jewel of the game is.
  • Yeah, maybe put a collage of images from here on the table, or -- as Colin said -- print them onto cards for people to hold. Although that's arguably not a play-aid.

Perhaps the images can go on your play aids, once you know what those are going to be!
  • Make the players bring their moms.

Provide tea and cake and comfy chairs and a mom friendly movie in another room.

Occaisionally look up during play after a PC does something really awful and shout "Jesus fuck, man, your mom is in the next room!"

I think that would really enhance play experience.

Good enough, Clinton?
  • Posted By: ccreitzHow about a bunch of small, card-sized pictures of helpless, tiny, innocent things
    Or animal crackers. Don't just eat them. Also put on the table interesting ways to "kill" them: ball peen hammer, cigar cutter, bowl of acid, bed of nails, etc.

I don't think I can beat the mom-nearby thing, though. Man. That's grade-A awesome.