Double Crossing Character

edited July 2009 in Play Advice
I need some advice. I'm running a campaign in which one of the players wants to betray their group and become a bad guy. The problem is she wants a big reveal which I'm having trouble orchestrating. I know I can do it via player knowledge and not character knowledge. I just wanted some help with how to handle this and still keep some mystery around it.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Why does she want the big reveal? Maybe figuring out what's fun for her would allow you to retain that while possibly bringing everyone on board to help.

If she wants to surprise her friends, perhaps a surprise that isn't absolute in every dimension would be just as good - she controls the timing, or the execution, or whatever, while the whole group works to make it happen by trusting her character, making little mistakes, whatever will make her awesome.

If it's about having a huge, campaign-defining dramatic moment, the secrecy probably just gets in the way of making that happen.

Just some thoughts.
  • "If it's about having a huge, campaign-defining dramatic moment, the secrecy probably just gets in the way of making that happen."
    Yeah, that's it exactly. I know and have seen that this big reveal is interfering with the game if only in its flow. I talked to her today about it. I told her that we either make it known to the players what is going on or we will have to drop it for now. Most likely it will be dropped and she will rejoin the group. Her being separated makes a good rescue mission for them.
    Thanks.