Where should IPR be looking online?

It's been suggested to me that IPR hasn't been as communicative as some would appreciate recently. This is probably a fair cop, since we've been spending a lot of time in the last few weeks building financial reporting spreadsheets, learning the vagaries of the store reporting, and getting through a backlog of titles that had piled up in the store and warehouse during the transition. Nevertheless, it's clear that I'm insufficiently aware of where discussions regarding IPR and what it does are happening around the webz, so I'm making a formal request here- where should I be looking online for IPR discussions? I was just introduced to Vincent's blog today, for example. Anyplace else I should be aware of that you guys or other indie creators are hanging out?

Of course, if you have any questions, concerns or just want to shoot the breeze, you can reach me directly and fastest at darrenwatts AT yahoo DOT com, or even leave me a note here. Many thanks! dw

Comments

• Twitter!

But also: many of the conversations about IPR took place face-to-face at GenCon. So soliciting face-to-face criticism and conversation, when you attend conventions, might be as valuable as trawling the Internet.
  • Hey Darren,

Use Google blogsearch to create searches for phrases like these:

IPR rpg

IPR game

indiepressrevolution

And then put the RSS feeds for them in your feed reader.

Paul
  • Graham: Absolutely, and unfortunately last Gencon was particularly problematic as far as that goes because I was responsible for two booths in row #5 while Brennan was running IPR in row, I dunno, like #300, so I didn't get over there nearly as much as I wanted to nor did I meet nearly the number of people I'd hoped to. Future cons will definitely not be run the same way.

Paul: Thanks for the tip! I've never used a feed reader, but I'll have to set one up. dw
  • I will support the Twitter comment wholeheartedly. I even tried to get in touch with IPR via the IPR Twitter feed and alas, it seems no one is watching that particular one.
  • Another thought: if you started an IPR blog to post updates and progress on addressing issues/concerns (preferably linked to the main site), I bet a lot of these discussions would link to that blog or those posts, so you could then find related discussions through trackbacks.
  • We're planning to replace the forums on the IPR website with a dedicated blog, which we hope will be more interesting and generate some discussion in the comments. And I have no idea who's watching the Twitter feed, but I'll find out. dw
  • edited September 2010
    Oh! A place to ask my burning question: When are you going to kick Ken Hite's ass and get him to write Out of the Box regularly? ;)

Also, what's going on with the Voice? I was a surprised that the last episode said nothing about the changing of hands.
  • Hans,

The Voice did discuss the changing of hands in the June episode.. The DOJ guys were interviewed in that ep, too.
  • New Recommendations, and update the ones with OOP..

Bit rot, makes it look like you don't care.
  • RPGnet forums, tabletop roleplaying open and that business of game publishing one.

Here, of course.
  • Posted By: hans chung-ottersonOh! A place to ask my burning question: When are you going to kick Ken Hite's ass and get him to write Out of the Box regularly? ;)

Also, what's going on with the Voice? I was a surprised that the last episode said nothing about the changing of hands.

Heh. Ken's a bit tied up these days, but getting more columns out of him eventually is part of the long-term plan. And the Voice did a feature on the changeover (and interview with me and Jason) two eps ago, so we figured there wasn't a lot new to say. dw
  • well. I must've missed that or forgot about it, sorry.
  • edited September 2010
    Darren-

Occasionally checking in over at the GIN Delphi Forum is the best way to stay in touch with the small cohort of retailers likely to be interested in IPR product. We talk you guys up over there now and then, but it'd be great to have someone come give us updates and answer questions now and then, rather than having us just sort of point people at you...

-Jim C.
  • Darren,

I need to hear back about a fairly urgent issue that I sent to management@ last Friday morning. Is there some other way I should be contacting you guys?
  • Posted By: Robert BohlDarren,

I need to hear back about a fairly urgent issue that I sent to management@ last Friday morning. Is there some other way I should be contacting you guys?

Hey Robert! Management@ goes to Ryan, so if he's who you need that should work. If it's a stock or warehouse issue it should go to Jason (midianranch AT gmail DOT com), or you can always send notes to me about most anything. dw
  • Jim: I haven't been to the GIN in quite some time. I'll check in there this week- thanks! dw
  • Setting up a feed to Google search
    site:forum.rpg.net "indie press revolution"
    Would be a good idea to do rumor control and get a sense of what the fans are bitching about, and also possibly to catch some new business -- there was a guy asking about IPR's ability to do order fulfillment on the game industry forum and nobody knew anything: This thread right here!