[Game Chef] Trading Review Assignments for Justice

edited April 2012 in Story Games
JWaltIf you end up being assigned a close friend’s game to review, please try to arrange a swap with another chef, trading review assignments with them. This is both to avoid bias and just because — come on! — you’re gonna read your friend’s game anyway, right? Get to know some new people!
Let’s use this thread as a clearing house for finding other reviewers, so that we don’t end up reviewing our friends games.
Just post that you have X review assignments to trade and we’ll hem and haw and work it out, maybe even over email.

Alternatively, if you aren't too far into your reviews and you are willing to help out and trade just to be friendly, let us know that too.

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I have 0 review assignments to trade.
    (edited to show that I have no review assignments left to trade.)
  • What the--? Have review assignments already happened? I've seen nothing on it, if so.
  • The '2012 Reviewing' tab quietly appeared on the main site a few hours ago. Since there's not been a more prominent announcement posted, doing anything related to it might end up being premature.
  • The lists are fine. There's just no official announcement yet because I need to fix several links to games.
  • I already posted my first review. Is that okay, Jaywalt?
  • I've been assigned Game #6, 'The Last Band' for review, but I find the bold text almost illegible; is it just my pdf reader or are other people having this problem?
  • edited April 2012
    I have 3 review assignments to trade, and too many friends ; (

Ok, one of them's a double that i was assigned to review twice, but still!

Edit: Mathalus, trade you one of joel's games for his other game! oh wait
  • edited April 2012
    Posted By: James MullenI've been assigned Game #6, 'The Last Band' for review, but I find the bold text almost illegible; is it just my pdf reader or are other people having this problem?
    I can read it all right. I am using adobe.
  • edited April 2012
    [cite]Posted By: Mathalus[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: James Mullen[/cite]I've been assigned Game #6, 'The Last Band' for review, but I find the bold text almost illegible; is it just my pdf reader or are other people having this problem?

I can read it all right. I am using adobe.

OK, trade you Game #6 for whatver you've got to trade?
  • edited April 2012
    Posted By: James MullenOK, trade you Game #6 for whatver you've got to trade?
    Done. James, you are now the proud reviewer of #34, Joel Shempert's fantastic CoyoteSong.

retroactively edited to deny Joel's wishes.
  • Man, I have often WISHED there was a "c" in "Shempert." ;)
  • Wow, so I tried to set it up to avoid some reviewing problems and it looks like I just created a whole bunch of other problems. So next year: one game per participant, definitely.
  • edited April 2012
    Isn't this what we were SUPPOSED to do, though? Count off our review assignments, then trade off if we get friends or ourselves? What NEW problems are you seeing?
  • edited April 2012
    The problem is that I ensured that about an unknown number of games (6 and counting) are assigned to be reviewed by the same person multiple times, which was a problem I was explicitly trying to avoid. Also: somebody having to review their own game. And Chef X reviewing a game by a person that was assigned to review Chef X's game. The potential pitfalls are numerous and I failed to avoid all of them.
  • I've got one review assignment to trade. Any takers?
  • edited April 2012
    [cite]Posted By: Mathalus[/cite]
    Done. James, you are now the proud reviewer of #34, Joel Shempert's fantastic CoyoteSong

Sweet: now who wants to swap a David Beckham for a Blue Eyes White Dragon? ;-)
  • I seriously might need to swap another game: I've tried accessing Game#13 numerous times, in numerous different ways, but I just can't seem to open it. Anyone else looking to swap still?
  • edited April 2012
    James, I can trade you #11 for #13. It opens fine for me, and I haven't reviewed Jeff's game yet. NB: I'll defer if anyone else has to trade: I was just volunteering.
  • James, i will trade you for # 74, the lady and the tower by joel shempert. Dealz?

thanks for Defering Paradoxboy, i am on a crazy deadline for these reviews!
  • Posted By: Michael S. MillerI've got one review assignment to trade. Any takers?
    I can trade you a game by chris edwards, #81: the simurg. Whaddaya say? Wht's my new one, if you accept?
  • Sorry, I already reviewed one of Joel's other games! The issue has been sorted out now anyway.
  • Ok James, no worries & thanks.
  • Thanks, all. My trades are done.
  • edited April 2012
    In (edit: an hour), i shall begin reviewing a game by a friend of mine, a game that i will quite possibly like a great deal.

SG, this is in your hands. Who shall trade me for # 74, the lady and the tower by joel shempert?
  • edited April 2012
    Hey Jackson, I've done my four reviews but I'm happy to review Joel's game pro bono. If uh, that's even a thing we can do... Hmm, probably not given the voting constraints and such.
  • Jackson, if you want to trade #74 for #11, I still haven't written anything for Jeff's game.
  • edited April 2012
    That would be super rad, Neal, thank you!

& all of my trades are taken care of!

edit: thanks for the thought, Chris, but i think you're right with the balance being thrown off.
  • Yeah, games really need to be reviewed in sets of four, so voting all works out. I appreciate you folks being conscientious about that.
  • Hi all--I have been demoted (indefinitely) to a geriatric computer that has trouble with Google Docs, and also can't unzip things.

I need to either swap 73 and 82 with someone, or I need someone to send me these games attached to an email.
  • edited April 2012
    Posted By: abi
    I need to either swap 73 and 82 with someone, or I need someone to send me these games attached to an email.
    Emailing...

edit: Enjoy # 73, but whatever is up with #82, my computer is spitting it out all wrong.
    Sorry, Abi!
  • abi, give me your email and I'll send it.

dhoffmann, gmail.
  • I have uploaded the PDF to my site. You can download a PDF version of Shady Grove here:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxnb29kaWRlYWdhbWVzfGd4Ojc5NDAzOWNkYmUwYjU5NTM

alternatively, go to www.goodideagames.com scroll down to my shady grove post, and download the PDF direct.